Sunday, May 1, 2016

Pray For Each Other

3 o'clock wake up callPray for each other.  – James 5:16

Who in your life needs prayer?  Take a deep breath, think of why, then exhale your prayer to God.  Prayer can be as easy as breathing.  God is always available.  We just need a reminder to focus, breathe in God’s presence, and pour out our prayers.  I’m taking a couple deep breaths this week, deeper than usual, and praying intensely for my husband, Dan. 

Dan is on another one of his adventures.  Each one is unique and pushes his body beyond what I’d think is possible.  One summer he was in the “Race Across America,” where he biked with a team of four guys non-stop from California to New Jersey in six days.  There have been many marathons, 100 mile ultra marathons, and bike races.  In addition, there have been Ironman triathlons, and high elevation climbing expeditions. 

Now, Dan’s off to Mexico for a four-day swim, 35 miles or so, around a deserted island with his buddy Scott.  He tells me there are no sharks, but the packing list calls for spear guns.  “They’re for catching dinner,” he explains ….. but I’m skeptical

I can’t “crew” this adventure with Dan like I’ve done countless times in the past.  I can’t encourage him with yummy food or uplifting words.  Deserted islands don’t have cell towers.  But I can pray for him in Mexico and trust God is there with him.  (Meanwhile, we’ll endure another snow storm in Colorado.  Come on God!)

Please join me in prayer as we pray for the people we love and place them in God’s hands every day.  Focus, breathe deeply, and exhale your prayers.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!