Sunday, May 22, 2016

Can You Just Let Me Know?

Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light to my path. 
– Psalm 119:105

Do you agree with me that trusting God can be challenging and requires a conscious daily decision?



Sarah Young, the author of Jesus Calling, writes her daily devotions as if Jesus were talking directly to you.  She writes:

The challenge continually before you is to trust Me and search for My way through each day.  Do not blindly follow your habitual route, or you will miss what I have prepared for you.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

We can all admit that truth.  Yes, God’s ways and thoughts are not ours, but wouldn’t you like to know His day by day plans for your life?   Don’t you wish God would write you an email and tell you what’s next on your timeline or highlight what’s most important on your “To Do” list?  Wouldn’t you love it if God wrote instructions to us in the sky?

Even though God doesn’t pick up the phone and call us directly, He often gives us wake up calls. If you want to know the plans God has for you, then spend time with Him in His word.  God’s word will direct your feet and give light to the paths He has marked out for you.  

God does speak to and lead us when we do three simple things:

1. Ask – “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” – Matthew 7:7

2. Seek – “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” – Jeremiah 29:13

3. Know - “Be still, and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10

More than fifteen years ago, God started waking me up to His presence by interrupting my day at 3pm.  The simple act of giving God thanks at the same time every day began a good work in me.  God has been faithful to continue opening my heart and mind to His presence, His power, and His plans for my life.  God will do the same for you if you ask Him.  Seek His will for you, and spend time getting to know God’s character and His word. 

As we know God more, our trust in Him will flourish and we will walk by faith and not by sight, giving God thanks and praise for leading us on.  

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!