Friday, May 20, 2016

Standing In Awe

3 o'clock wake up callThe Lord says: “My thoughts and my ways are not like yours.” – Isaiah 55:8

Have you ever noticed that God’s name in the Bible is spelled in different ways?  Sometimes Lord is in all capital letters.  I learned that when LORD is written, it’s English, and when YHWH is written, it’s Hebrew.  The Jewish people did not write out the whole name of God.  They left out the vowels to show respect and honor to G-d.  LORD is the covenant name for God.  It’s a reminder to God’s people that what He has promised, He will do.  That is the God we are to love and trust with all our hearts.

Is it hard for you to admit that God’s ways are not your ways? That His thoughts are not your thoughts?  Do you try to put God into a “human box” and make the creator of the universe talk and walk like everyday people?  Yes, we are made in the image of God, but we cannot fathom how He designed the earth we live on.  

The Bible says:
God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways,
He does great things beyond our understanding.
He says to the snow, 
“Fall on the earth and to the rain shower, 
be a mighty downpour.” – Job 37:5-6

I may not understand the weather, but that doesn’t stop me from telling God what I think.  Just today I told Him, “We’ve had enough snow and rain this spring in Colorado.  It’s time to dry up all the land!  Please let the sunshine in!”

We may not understand God’s thoughts or His ways but we can stand in awe and give thanks and praise every day.  I don’t understand gravity, but I’m grateful for it.  I don’t understand how ocean tides roll in and out several times a day, but I love running along the beach, jumping over the foamy waters.  And I don’t understand how the rocks were cut to make the Rocky Mountains, but I enjoy hiking through them.  The whole earth proclaims God’s glory.  (Psalm 19:1) This magnificent God is trustworthy.  

Stop and look around you.  Where do you see God’s hand at work?  What in this world reminds you to be in awe of our creator?  Pick one thing to be grateful for today.  Your praises honor and glorify the maker of heaven and earth who is worthy of your trust. 

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!