Saturday, May 14, 2016

What Are You Waiting For These Days?

3 o'clock wake up callWait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. 
– Psalm 27:14

Please read the Bible passage again.  Thanks!  Do you see the repetition?  God repeats Himself when He has an important message to convey.  I do the same with my children.  They listen about as well as I do.  I guess no matter our age, we all need reminders.    

How many times do you find yourself waiting in a given day?  Too often, I bet.  Why is waiting so hard for us to do?  Recently, while in my car, I have been putting my phone out of reach so I won’t text at stop lights.  I had been getting distracted by my phone to the point where I was still texting through green lights.  It took my thirteen-year-old daughter catching me on this to make me change.  Another Wake Up Call!

Seriously, where I live, the chances of running over a biker if you are not 100% focused on your surroundings is pretty high.  Just ask my in-laws.  They had to replace a bicycle more expensive than most used cars after they took a quick turn without stopping to look 180 degrees for the cyclist behind them.  

What about you?  What are you waiting for these days?  A job, a date, a break-through, a healing, or much needed help?  All of us wait for prayers to be answered every day.  The real question is, what do we do while we wait that leads us to trust God more?  

Here’s a quick play on words that I use when worry starts to creep in while I’m waiting.  Think about the letters in WAIT and let them refocus your heart and mind on God.  

  • WWalk with God while you wait.  Spend time with God, praying and talking to Him.  He’s available 24/7, day and night.  Thank God for His availability!
  • A Ask for help.  Cry out to God and give Him your whole heart, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
  • I – In God’s word.  Pick a Bible scripture to read and memorize during the waiting period.  God’s promises can bring calm and comfort during life’s trials.
  • T – Trust in God’s timing.  He is in control and will see you through. You are not alone.

In this Instagram culture where so much is fast paced and immediate, let’s take a breath, draw close to God, and trust in Him while we wait.  Could it be that while we wait, teachable moments happen and unexpected blessings arrive?  Could it be that when we are still and wait upon the Lord, we experience His powerful presence greater than any presents we’ve asked for?  

Be still and know that I am God. – Psalm 46:10

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!