Monday, May 16, 2016

Go Into The Deep, Without Drowning

3 o'clock wake up call
“Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.” 
– “Oceans” by Hillsong United

Every once in awhile a song will impact my faith in God and I will be forever changed.  

“Oceans” by Hillsong United, is one of those songs that has moved my faith to a new level.  If you read the lyrics several times, I think you will be blessed as the message sinks into your soul.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I was alone on a beach near San Diego when I first heard it.  Listening to the lyrics over and over again. I knew that my wandering feet would never take me to the places God had planned for me.  On my own, I’d stay in the shallow water, occasionally dipping my toes in. I realized then that God was calling me into the deep, over-my-head waters, where it would be impossible to walk alone.  I would need to trust Jesus more than I ever had before.

What deep waters is God calling you to walk out into?  Is it to start a dream business like my friend Jenny?  Is it to step into leadership and believe God will push you up the steep learning curve, like my friend Kayla?  Whatever God is calling you to do or become requires you to do two key things: 1)Trust Him,  and 2) Put your faith into action.  We have to trust and we have to move.

On that beach alone with God, I drew a clock in the sand with the hands in the 3 o’clock position.  I looked at those hands.  One pointed up.  For fifteen years, I’d been looking up to God everyday at 3pm.  I drew a heart where the hands meet.  That symbolized my love for God and how everyday at 3pm, I give Him thanks and praise.  Then I focused on the hour hand pointing forward and tears stung my eyes when it hit me. Move forward in faith every day! That’s it. So simple. Look up, give thanks, and move forward in faith!

Such a simple reminder wakes me up to God’s presence around me and His power within me. Only then do I have the courage to go forth in my faith and trust God without borders and walk upon the waters wherever He may call me.

Look up, give thanks, now wade forward into the deep. You can do it!


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!