Tuesday, May 3, 2016

30clock wake up callYou are God’s masterpiece. - Ephesians 2:10

You are beautiful in God’s eyes.  His child whom He delights in and lavishly loves. – 1 John 3:1

Over the next several days, I am going to share with you how this 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call started in the first place.  If you've heard some of this before, stick with me, we’re going to build up from here….  I may ask you to answer a personal question.  Feel free to respond and tell me your answer or reflect to yourself.  I would love to hear from you though.  

Here’s how God started waking me up to Him when I was far away.

For my 31st birthday my husband gave me a running watch.  It was wrapped up like a gift but I did not receive it as one.  As I strapped the piece of plastic around my wrist, all I could hear in my head was, “Get out there and run that baby blubber off your body!”  With two kids under the age of three, who had time to exercise?  For sure, my pre –pregnancy jeans would never fit again.  Later that night my husband informed me that he had set the watch alarm to go off the next day at 3 o’clock in the afternoon.  He didn’t want me to be late for an appointment again.  Over and over the critical conversation in my mind continued, “Laura, you are fat and always late.”

Sure enough, the next day, I was late to the doctor’s office.  When the 3 O’Clock alarm sounded, I resisted the urge to throw it out the minivan window.  Each and every day for weeks after, that blasted alarm went off, startling me at 3 pm.  I couldn’t figure out how to change it and the watch directions were long gone.  Clicking it off became another daily annoyance in an already cluttered life.  Then one day that simple alarm stopped me in my tracks when dots connected in my brain….(To Be Continued)

How about you?  Are you happy with your current weight, how your body looks and feels?  During a class I was teaching, I asked a group of women what commonly steals their JOY?  I asked them to write their answers on a notecard and turn it in without their name.  The overwhelming majority of them listed body image

Question: Do you struggle with body image?  I’d love to hear from you if you do (your secrets are safe with me).  laura@3oclockwakeup.com.

Today, if and when your mind belittles or criticizes your body, stop and thank God for something you are grateful for.  Are you healthy?  Are you free from cancer?  Are you able to walk or hike or run or hold a child?  Refocusing our thoughts on what we can do instead of what we wished we looked like is powerful, life giving, and pleases God.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!