Saturday, May 21, 2016

Graduation

Praise be to you O LORD; teach me your ways. 
– Psalm 119:11

Today, my oldest child graduates from Boulder High School. Like thousands of other graduates around the country, our family and friends will gather together to celebrate this important life event.  We’ll watch caps fly through the air, graduates scream and dance with delight, and moms like me will shed tears of joy and sadness.  

I held his hand as we walked into preschool.  I hugged him, and cried a bit, on his first day of elementary school.  And I tried to be as cool as I could while dropping him off at middle school.  Now he is leaving high school and chooses the path he will walk.  

How I wish I could still tell him which way to go every day.  In my experience, though, most eighteen year olds don’t really want to hear words of wisdom from their parents or grandparents…we’re too old to know much.  As such, I’ll share of my favorite truths with you all instead:

  • Love – You are loved.  First by God, then by others.  So love yourself.  Then you can more fully love God and others abundantly.  Life will be better if you lead with love.
  • Joy – Happiness is fleeting because it coincides with circumstances.  But joy is a gift from God.  Joy will remain even in the worst of storms.  So accept the joy of the Lord and go live your life of adventure with God.
  • Peace – Pursue peace everywhere you walk.  When you’re hurt and you want to repay evil, refuse and choose peace.  You will lead yourself and others into a safer, more grateful world.  
  • Faith – Faith in God is not just for the weak.  Build a strong faith so we can be a strong nation.   Your faith will grow when you give God thanks everyday. 
  • Hope – Hope is an anchor for your soul.  Tie your anchor to the rock that can’t be shaken.  Even when the world gives way, Jesus will remain.  So place your hope in the one who was, and is, and is to come.

Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 
(1 Corinthians 13:13) Like I said, lead with love and trust God every step of the way.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!