Saturday, April 30, 2016

3 o'clock wake up callEncourage one another and build each other up, 
just as in fact you are doing.  
– 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Today a woman in my Bible study arrived early with a beautiful bouquet of lilies and a thank you card.  To my surprise she handed them to me.  As beautiful as the flowers were, the card touched me the most.  It said, “I am so thrilled that when you were called to use your gifts in this area, you listened to God’s will.”

She had no idea how much I needed to hear those words.  All week I’d been doubting myself and questioning my purpose.   When I was on staff at a start-up church, I had a team, a boss, clear expectations, and a Sunday morning deadline.  Working on the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call has been completely different.  Although I work with Dan and our son Evan, there is no set agenda and every day I’m expected to figure out where we’re headed.  I know that God is my boss and that He can be quiet at times, but lately that’s led to self-criticism and doubt. 

Sometimes God uses the people around us to encourage us to continue in the direction we’re headed.  Sometimes a few words or hugs is all it takes to build us back up and launch us back out there to do what we know God has called us to do.  

Let’s pass on my friend’s encouragement today.  Who can you build up or spur on in the direction they’re headed?  Is it your child’s teacher, a tired spouse, or a friend who just started a new job and might be overwhelmed?  Find one person to build up today.  Maybe putting your encouraging words in an email or a hand written card is exactly how you can be used by God today.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!
Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!