Thursday, May 5, 2016

Wake Up Story... Day 3

God so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only son, so that whoever (ALL) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. – John 3:16

This is Day 3 of my Wake Up Call Story. 

More than a decade ago, I decided to stop at 3 o’clock everyday and give thanks instead of complaining and whining to myself.  The time had come to start replacing toxic thoughts with positive ones.  At first, I wasn’t thanking God because  I didn’t think I needed Him.  I was in control of my life.  I blamed God for all the bad things and took credit for all the good.  

But after months of that 3 O’Clock alarm, God broke into my heart and made me see that all my gifts were in fact from Him.  I agreed and began to thank God for the people and things I adored. He began to pour unconditional love into my toxic, saturated soul.  God’s love acted as a change agent.  As I accepted His love, He illuminated my heart and showed me how to trade un-forgiveness for love, bitterness for encouragement, and anger for compassion.  God’s desire to change me crashed into my everyday life.  

How about you?  Have you started to give God thanks and praise everyday at 3pm?  Do you find God entering into your thoughts more often then usual?  Do you feel God’s love reaching out to you?    
Question: Do you struggle accepting God’s unconditional love?  Is it easy or difficult for you to fathom an audacious kind of love poured out on you?  You didn’t do anything to deserve it but it’s yours?  Please email me your response if you’d like.

I am so grateful that God is an inclusive God.  He loves ALL of us.  He has no favorite color of people or popular group.  We are ALL His children endlessly, tremendously loved by Him.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!