Thursday, May 26, 2016

In ALL Your Ways



In all your ways acknowledge Him.  
– Proverbs 3:6

Why does God want ALL our hearts and ALL our ways?  I believe it’s because He knows that if we hold some back, we’ll be more easily be swept away from Him by life’s distractions. 

I’ve had to learn the hard way to ask God for direction before venturing out on my own.  Many years ago, I started a home-based business to make some extra money for a non-profit organization I was involved in.  The non-profit was doing great things, helping to bring “Lost Girls” from Sudan to America to go to school, get jobs, and begin new, safe lives.  We always needed more funding, so I figured that starting a for-profit business to help out was a “no brainer.”  

Without consulting God, I jumped into the business feet first.  I bought tons of products to sell and invited everyone I knew to join me in this “great opportunity.”  However, there were two big problems.  First, I am a terrible salesperson.  It took me months to realize that to make a profit, you have to sell the products, not give them away.  Second, I was raising three little children; messy whirlwinds of distraction that resulted in a pile up of products and missed meetings. (Unless I hired a babysitter and paid her more than I made.)  It was becoming clear that this was not a good idea.

While stubbornly pushing ahead, God showed me that He can use our mistakes to guide us. I was in Sydney, Australia, helping to train women in the company’s newest territory (I had finally realized that I was a better teacher than a salesperson.)  On a Sunday morning jog, questioning what I was doing and and apologizing to God for not seeking His guidance, I felt a pull to go to church.  I ran into the hotel business center and started searching for churches online.  The only other person there leaned over and suggested Hillsong Church (“It’s the only one you should go to.”)  I quickly changed clothes and jumped into a taxi, making it just in time for the first worship song.   As the choir took the stage, I noticed people of every color, every nationality, and every age.  This is what heaven will look like, I thought as I looked up to the warehouse ceiling and thanked God for “bringing me home.” It was then that I acknowledged God as the leader of my life and pledged to go home, quit my home-based business, and work for Him instead.  

How about you?  In what area of your life is He asking for ALL of you?

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!