Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

3 o'clock wake up callBut Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. – Luke 2:19

Can you imagine how Mary, Jesus’ mother felt when the angel of the Lord declared she would be the mother of God’s son?  Can you imagine what Mary was thinking when the shepherds arrived at the manger praising God for finally sending the Messiah to the earth?  The Bible says she “treasured and pondered these things in her heart.”  You think?  

As a mother of three teenagers, I have many things to ponder these days.  What will be the long term effects of social media on my kids?  Are they growing up so entitled that they won’t possess a strong work ethic?  Is the high price of college worth it?  How will God met them and stop them in their tracks in this fast paced culture? 

My non-stop pondering (can’t call it worry, right?), leads me to my knees.  I am learning that the most important thing I can do for my kids is to pray for them at 3pm and around the clock. 

Today, let’s give God thanks for our own mothers.  Quick, if you can call her and you haven’t yet, call soon.  Then let’s pray for our nation’s children.  These children are the next generation to carry the truth about God’s love and saving grace to their children and beyond.  These children will out live us so let’s lift them up to God and believe He can lead them into an ever changing world. 

Join me in this prayer: 
Lord God, thank you all the children in this world.  Shine your light and love on children in the United States and around the world.  Enter into young hearts and minds and help them to believe in you even though the world around seems to possess a current that leads them far away from you.  Bless the children in my life.  Protect them and guide them all the days of their life.  In Jesus’ Name I Pray, Amen.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!