Tuesday, May 24, 2016

When The Answer Is No (Or Not Yet)

3 o'clock wake up call“I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You.” 
–Lauren Daigle

Have you ever faced a challenging situation that feels like a gigantic mountain standing in your way?  You know that in order to conquer it, you’ll have to rely on God, because it seems impossible in your own strength to even take the first step, let alone climb it.  

This past year, as I was crying out to God yet again to move a huge mountain in front of me, one of my favorite singers, Lauren Daigle released her song, “Trust In You.”  I must have listened to it a hundred times, letting the chorus saturate my soul.

“When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing you to move.
When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through.
When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to you.
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!”

I think we all agree that it’s awesome when God answers our prayers.  But what about the times when we’ve asked over and over again and God seems silent?

If you listen to the rest of the song, you’ll discover valuable truths about God that can save your sanity when you’re waiting in a desperate place.  Lauren Daigle’s lyrics turn your thoughts away from the enormous mountain in front of you or the waters overwhelming you and reminds you of who God is.  Each truth is grounded in scripture.  

Read and repeat these truths.  Let them increase your trust.

  • God You are my strength. – “The LORD is the strength of His people.” Psalm 28:8 “The LORD gives strength to His people.” Psalm 29:11
  • God You are my comforter. – “The LORD comforts His people.” Isaiah 49:13
  • God You are my compassionate and gracious God. – “You Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.” Psalm 86:15
  • God You are my rock in which I stand. – “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer.” Psalm 18:2

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!