Saturday, October 22, 2016

Shout Your Praise

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. 
– Psalm 100:1

I’ve already told God that when I get to heaven, I’d like to be in His choir.  I’ll sing beautifully and on key, belting out praise and worship and inspiring all of heaven to sing along.  

If you’ve actually heard me on Sunday mornings, however, you’d know that my dreams of heavenly singing are going to have to wait until I get there. 

As I watch the worship band at church take the stage, I realize that what they do with their instruments and voices seems like a foreign language to me.  God made me, without an ounce of musical talent.  I don’t even think I could play the triangle in the worship band.  So why do I love the music so much?  

My mom insisted I take piano lessons until I was in the third grade.  Bless her heart for believing in me.  I should ask God to bless my poor piano teacher who had to endure our hour long sessions every week.  I don’t think I ever mastered Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star no matter how hard I tried.

But tonight during a Prayer and Worship service at church, I sang these lyrics as if I was already in heaven wearing an elaborate choir robe.  I sang to the Lord as if my voice was beautiful and bold, as if others would be inspired to shout for joy in unison.   These lyrics still echo in my mind:

All the earth will shout Your praise
Our hearts will cry 
These bones will sing
Great are you LORD!

It’s Your breath in our lungs 
So we pour out our praise, pour out our praise, to You only.

(Casting Crowns, A Live Worship Experience – Great Are You Lord)

Call me crazy but here’s my hope and dream.  God may not have given me the talent to sing but He did give me the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call.  What if…. The Wake Up Call is one-way God is choosing to awaken out nation so we will shout His praises every day?  


What if… we are walking this earth, at this exact time in history and God wants to stop us in our tracks everyday at 3pm to thank and praise Him?  What if thanking God is our daily song, so beautiful and bold, so diverse in pitch, so many voices lifted up in unison around the earth?

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!