Friday, October 21, 2016

Be Awake and Alert

3 o'clock wake up callBe self-controlled and alert.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. – 1 Peter 5:8

Napping is one of my favorite afternoon pleasures.  If I’m truly tired, I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime.  I’ve fallen asleep in a noisy park while laying on a picnic blanket, in a parking lot sitting in the driver’s seat waiting for the school bell to ring, and in a leather chair at a busy coffee shop (I guess the coffee wasn’t quite strong enough).  

There’s nothing wrong with resting or napping to restore our mind and body to full throttle mode.  But what is wrong, even outright dangerous, is to sleep walk through life.  If you’re spiritually snoozing, you’re a believer with a bulls-eye on your head.

The enemy preys on the half-awake brain, confusing us with lies of self-loathing and self-pity, distracting us from our focus on God’s great plans for us.

My very favorite afternoon practice (aside from napping) is to stop at 3pm and give God thanks and praise.  Doing this awakens me from spiritual slumber to the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, allowing me to live the rest of the day wide awake and on purpose.  Then the enemy, the prowling lion, shrinks back into his cave.

Let your eyes look up to the sky and say, “Thank you God!  Your love, O Lord reaches to the heavens.  Your love also reaches down deep into my soul.  Your love, O Lord reaches around the entire world and it encompasses me fully.  Thank you God!”

Let thanksgiving shake you awake to God’s amazing presence around you today, His power within you, and the incredible plans He has for your life.  

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!