Saturday, April 2, 2016

Tricycles

3 o'clock wake up callI will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. – Psalm 9:1

Have you ever been telling a real life story when all of a sudden you realize how amazing it was that all the pieces fell exactly into place?  You can now see a beautiful picture once all the puzzle pieces are fit together.   

I was holding up a t-shirt our son designed for my sister in-law to see.  He had drawn a red and white Radio Flyer tricycle on the front to represent Kid’s Ministry at our church.  My mind flashed back to a conversation I had two years ago with one of our pastors.  Because the church was moving into an Old Sam’s Club warehouse, he was concerned that the distance between the Check In Station and the classrooms was much too far for little kiddos to walk.  But he could see them making it if they peddled tricycles instead.  I loved the idea and jumped on Craigslist.  In one weekend I clocked over 120 miles driving from Cherry Creek to Fort Collins, CO collecting trikes for toddlers. 

During the Grand Opening weekend of our church, the Radio Flyers were a hit!  The pastor was right, and a few weeks later he offered me the job of Children’s Ministry Co-Director.   My job was to write Sunday morning curriculum that would be fun, like the tricycles, and keep kids wanting to come to church.  And boy did we have fun!  

Being on staff at any start up church is crazy but being in an old Sam’s Club allows chaos and fun to be taken to a whole new level.  We had Sunday morning water balloon fights in what use to be a “Tire Center”.  We let kids dig in the dirt and sand in the old “Pharmacy,” and we dressed up in silly costumes and danced to loud music in the old “Cigarette Cage.”

All these memories came back to me as I looked at that tricycle on the t-shirt.  The same pastor who dreamed up the tricycles was the one who asked me to share the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call as a bible study to the women of the church.  The overflowing encouragement from that study eventually opened the door to this ministry launching! God put the wonderful pieces together one by one.  I am so thankful.

How has God wonderfully put pieces of your life together?  Tell others of His wonderful ways.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being A Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!