Friday, April 8, 2016

I'm In Control.... really

3 O'Clock Wake Up Call“Increase our faith!” – Luke 17:5

Faith is “being sure of what we hope for, and being convinced of what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11:1)

I don’t know about you but I’ll confess, I like to be in control.  Just ask my husband and kids.  I like to control what we eat, our plans, how we spend our time, our money… basically everything.  If I’m running the show and everyone is complying, I’m a happy camper.

Not surprisingly, with three teenagers and a semi-compliant husband, I often lose the control battle and they eat ice cream before dinner, stay up way too late (past my bedtime), and make plans without me, texting me notice at the last minute.  It drives me crazy.

I’m guessing Jesus’ disciples drove him crazy sometimes too, like when He taught to forgive those who repeatedly offended them.  They couldn’t grasp such a radical concept, so they simply gave up, asking Him instead to just increase their faith.  It dawned on me recently that trusting God with the things I treasure the most means I must give up control, and “walk by faith not by sight” .  That’s hard!  I guess I need to ask of Jesus what the disciples did, “God, increase my faith!”

We can all use more faith, and we can always give God more areas of our life to control.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!