Sunday, April 3, 2016

Gratitude Girl

3 o'clock wake up callEvery day I will thank and praise you.  – Psalm 145:2

Today it’s official!  I am the mother of three teenagers.  God help me.

After the birth of our second child two different high-risk obstetricians strongly recommended against having a third.  Two previous pregnancies, complicated by preeclampsia and ending in emergent C-sections made a third pregnancy, “just too dangerous.” When the pastor who married us asked how many children we wanted, I said five and my husband answered three.  Two children, to us, felt like a loss, but we decided to do the “smart thing” and heed the medical advice.

God had other plans.  When I discovered I was pregnant with a third child, I reached out across the country asking everyone I knew to pray for my safety and the baby’s healthy development.  Every day when my 3 O’Clock alarm sounded, I’d give God thanks and praise for one more day closer to our due date.  Day by day God kept us safe and answered our prayers.

Thirteen years ago today, I danced to the operating room and we welcomed a fully grown, 8lbs. 2 oz baby girl into this world. I call her my gratitude girl.  Every day she thanks me for things both big and small.  She thanks me for making her breakfast, for driving her places, or for buying her a new shirt.  I can’t take any credit for her overflowing thanks.  It’s simply her nature, her first response in different situations.  I can only guess, maybe God placed in her heart a huge portion of gratitude because we thanked God profoundly for her life.

Let your heart overflow with gratitude today and every day.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a Part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!