Thursday, April 28, 2016

"In Christ" While "In Crisis"

3 o'clock wake up callBut now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near. 
– Ephesians 2:13

This past month, my women’s Bible study has been working through Beth Moore’s latest book, Audacious.  In it, she discusses how everyone endures pain and suffering.  It hits our lives, often out of the blue, despite our best efforts to safeguard against it.  She then goes on to encourage those who are “in crisis”  to remember that being “in Christ” is the best way to weather the storm.

I’ve found this to be a fantastic perspective.  We’ve all known people who are absolutely gorgeous on the outside but lonely and afraid on the inside, or people who have more money than you can imagine, but are trapped in depression and despair. Crisis knows no class or color.

Having kids enter middle and high school is a great way to invite crisis into one’s life.  Three times so far, police or paramedics have called me to the scene of an accident: cars totaled, bikes broken in two, but bodies only bruised.  Thank you God. 

I’ve been rushed to the emergency department because my symptoms led doctors to believe I could have a bleed in my brain.  Trapped in the confines of the MRI’s hammering noises for over an hour, my head felt like to was going to blow off my body, I prayed and clung to God the entire time.  He gave me peace and reassurance in the crisis.  Thank you God. 

I cannot imagine going through these crises’ without God’s loving arms around me.  I am convinced that the only way I could stand “in crisis” was because I was “in Christ.”  I was not alone. 

The next time a crisis crashes into your life, be thankful you are not alone because you too are “in Christ.”  Cling to Him. 

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!