Monday, April 11, 2016

A Remnant Remains

So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.  – Romans 11:5

My children have Catholic roots.  My mother-in-law grew up attending Catholic schools and my husband took his first communion as a Catholic.  Our kids are sort of following in her footsteps, each having attended the Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic School here in Boulder (as one of the only “Protestant” kids).  We chose this school because it’s safe and the teachers can talk about God in class.  I’m not allowed to take communion but I can still hear from God during Mass.

During a special Mother’s Day Mass, I was kneeling and praying while the other parents around me exited the pews to receive communion.  As I closed my eyes, the word “remnant” popped into my mind.  I was confused because the only time I’d heard that word used before was in a sewing class in middle school.  Since I could not sew a pillow case to save my life, I remember getting the lowest grade in the class.  I didn’t want to be reminded of broken needles and bad grades in Mass.   

The next day while praying, I heard it again, “a remnant remains.”  Weird.  Later on, I was hiking with two women I call my “Wise Ones”.  They’ve been studying the bible for decades.  I asked them if they knew of any references to the word “remnant” in the bible.  Immediately they exclaimed, “Of course, remnant is used to refer to God’s people throughout the old testament.”  They were right.  Over sixty times in the bible God calls his faithful followers a remnant.  

That is who were are my friends!  We are the remnant of believers that remain in the United States.  The 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call is to unite the remnant with a daily reminder to keep following God faithfully and give Him thanks and praise each and every day.  

You are the remnant chosen by grace!

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!