Saturday, April 9, 2016

Roller Coaster Faith

“I will thank the LORD with all my heart!” – Psalm 9:1

Stop right now and think of five things you are thankful for.  I call this “Five Finger Praise.” Ready, set, go! Yes, you can count on your fingers, even if someone is watching.

Thanking and praising God is a choice.  Sometimes our hearts feel like thanking God and sometimes they don’t. 

I find it’s easy to thank God when things are going great; when you land the job, make the sale, get the promotion, your kid scores the winning goal, or your spouse surprises you with a beautiful gift.  In those moments, it’s easy to praise God.  But what about the times when things aren’t going your way?  When you’re asked to leave a position, you get overlooked for the award, debt piles up, you crash the car,  your kid is suspended from school, or your loved one’s words sting and hurt?  On those difficult days, my 3pm alarm is often the only thing that reminds me to thank God.

Let’s admit it, life is like a riding a roller coaster.  One moment we’re up high squealing with happiness then suddenly life takes a sudden turn and we plummet.  Maybe today, like me you need this reminder.  Join me in giving God thanks today.

Here are five things we can thank God for every day.
1.          Thank you God for loving me.
2.          Thank you God for saving me.
3.          Thank you God for never leaving me.
4.          Thank you God for taking care of me.
5.          Thank you God for the good plans you have for me.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!