Friday, April 15, 2016

Tax Day !

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. – Matthew 6:21

Happy Tax Day!  If you’re like me and surprisingly discovered you will be paying additional taxes rather than receiving a refund check,  let’s take a deep breath together.  If your check is in the mail, you can give thanks.

Call me crazy but I’m sold on the concept of giving thanks in the midst of chaos in order to right your ship.  When I feel like I might drown, when bad news crashes down upon me, giving God thanks, though not always easy to do, is a lifeline I need to rescue me from despair.

Think about where you live.  What are you thankful in and around your home?  What beautiful gardens do you see? What spring flowers are in bloom?  What outdoor areas can you enjoy?  Where’s a cozy spot you love to sit and read?  What are your favorite shops to visit?  Do you have mountains in view, cornfields, city lights, or the ocean to enjoy? 

Beyond being thankful for our beautiful living locations in America, we can also give God a huge “Thank You” that we live in a free country.  Do we really think about that often enough?  We can worship with no fear of persecution.  It’s mind blowing to think that more Christians in the world are dying for their faith in Jesus then ever before in history.  That’s hard to grasp while living in the USA.  Knowing others are dying for what I take for granted makes me ponder what I treasure.

I pay taxes because I treasure my free country.  I enjoy hikes on mountain trails because I treasure God’s creations.  I spend time with my husband because I treasure his companionship.  What do you treasure?  What has your heart?  Let’s focus on our treasures today, not on our taxes!

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!