Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Be The Sheep

3 o'clock wake up call“Know that the LORD is God.  It is He who made us, and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.   - Psalm 100:3

During premarital counseling, the pastor who married Dan and I asked what Bible scripture we wanted read at our wedding.  We looked at each other wide-eyed and smiled nervously.  We were 23 years old.  We didn’t know the Bible.  Dan probably knew John 3:16, but only from the banners he saw hung at football games.  I racked my brain for an answer.  A few seconds into an awkward silence, my mind flashed to a bookmark my grandfather had given me with Psalm 100 on it.  I had no idea what the Psalm actually said, but if it was good enough for my Papa, the most Godly man I knew, it was good enough for me.  Besides, Dan still looked like a deer in the headlights, so it was clear that he wasn’t going to save us.  When I said “Psalm 100,” Dan looked relieved, but the pastor looked confused.  Uh oh.

Later that day, I found a Bible and looked up Psalm 100.  When I read that we are God’s sheep, I laughed out loud.  Aren’t sheep one of the dumbest animals on the planet?  Why in the world would we call ourselves sheep at our wedding?  Weren’t there passages in the Bible about love in marriage or two people leaving their old lives to become one?  It pays to know your Bible.  I didn’t.  Baaaa!

Now after twenty-two years of marriage, my husband is my biggest supporter as I share The 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call with others.  He encourages me daily to keep believing God will use this to impact lives and ignite people’s faith.  Many days I feel as stupid as a sheep for taking steps toward such a huge dream.  Could a simple alarm actually wake people up to God’s presence, power, and plans He has for them?  Really?

Then one of YOU will tell me how you’ve been blessed by this daily practice.  You will share how you are waking up to God every day, how your faith is growing, or how you want to share this with others.  Then I’m reminded, like a sheep who follows a shepherd, that this ministry is the call upon my life.  When I thank you for your kind words, my courage is restored and I can continue to follow the one who loves me and leads me on.  Let’s be sheep together and day by day wake up to our shepherd and follow Him.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!