Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Happy Birthday Mom

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
– Romans 8:38-39

 Today is my mom’s birthday.  A huge shout out to Bobbie Lankford, Happy Birthday Mom!  Thank you for being my biggest fan! Thank you for loving me and believing in my dreams. 

A mother’s love is an incredibly powerful force, like a raging river, overflowing its banks.  My teenagers have not a clue how much I love them.  Mom, I apologize for acting the same way when I was in high school.  Midway through my life, I am finally becoming aware of how much my mother loved me when I was pretty unlovable.  Thanks mom!  I love you too. (I haven’t heard those words from my 18 year-old son for quite a while now).

The bible makes it clear that God loves each one of us with a love that surpasses our wildest imagination.  Nothing can separate us from His love: no person, no habit, no bad attitude… nothing.  Isn’t that incredible?  I admit, it’s challenging to truly comprehend.  For many months while I was wrestling to better understand God’s love, I had my 3pm alarm simply pop up these words on my phone, “God, thank you for loving me today and every day.”

Here is a simple prayer we can say together. 

Dear God, thank you for loving me even more than I can fathom.  Thank you that nothing can separate me from your love.  Thanks for the reminder of your love today.  I needed it.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. 

 The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!