Monday, April 4, 2016

Alice

3 0'clock wake up call“Give thanks no matter what.”  - My Friend Alice

I slipped on Alice’s jeans and they fit perfectly.  That’s a miracle!  Her necklace matched my sweater.  Her watch was still running and I held up a black, leather purse exactly like the one I’d been shopping for at Marshall’s.  I added these to a pile of “treasures,” gifts from my friend Alice.  Then something caught my eye.  A penny laying on the carpet next to the boxes.  I picked it up and read the words engraved on the coin, “In God We Trust.” 

For many years now, I have believed that God places pennies in my path to affirm my direction or encourage me to “keep on keeping on.”  I squeezed the penny in my palm, looked up at the ceiling and whispered, “Thank you God, for being here with me.”  With tears spilling down my face, I smiled because I also believe it was wink from Alice.  She must be happy in heaven for me to wear her jeans.

Alice was my friend, my teacher, my mentor.  I had a dream to write and publish. She stepped forward and offered her journalism skills.  I was afraid to step out and work on my dream, but Alice believed in me and pushed me on.   She made my brave. The whole time we worked together, Alice was fighting for her life.  I observed her battle with cancer up close, mostly at her dining room table while she edited my writings.  No matter how much pain she endured or what bad news she had received that week, when she was teaching me, thankfulness and joy filled the room. 

This side of heaven, I will not understand why Alice died at the young age of 57.  She had so many future plans.  She had so many grandchildren to love.  The only thing that gives me peace is to know that what she taught me lives on through this ministry.  Alice’s spirit lives on as I give thanks no matter what and encourage you to do the same.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!