Friday, April 29, 2016

You Gotta Be Smarter Than Your Coffee Maker

3 o'clock wake up callBlessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding. – Proverbs 3:13

Dang it!  I was outsmarted by the coffee maker again this morning.  Where did I put those directions?  

 I’ve always bought cheap, easy to use coffee makers. Recently, however, I had coffee at a friend’s house that tasted like it was from a coffee house.  How was that possible?  My teenagers, who complain that my coffee is awful, explained that good coffee can only come from a good coffee maker.  So when my latest machine heaved its last breath and leaked coffee all over the countertop, I decided to see if they were right.
.
The machine I just bought is more like a computer than a coffee maker. Each night while setting it up, I fumble through a menu of options I can’t understand, guided by a series of warning beeps that I can never seem to please.  So far, I’ve come downstairs in the morning to find either; no coffee, cold coffee, coffee dripping onto the floor, water instead of coffee, and today, one cup when I wanted a full pot.  Ugh!  I should be smarter than a blasted coffee maker!

Aren’t you glad God gives us His word to make us wiser?  Aren’t you glad God gives us other people to help us when we are struggling to understand difficult things?  

My son, Evan designed our Wake Up Call website.  How? I haven’t a clue.  My friend, Susan is brilliant with bookkeeping.  She’s also a killer baker.  So if I need help balancing the budget or cookies for my daughter’s class, I know who to go to.  

Think of people in your life who possess strengths or skills you do not.  Now survey your own strengths and skills.  What do you give to the people around you?  Isn’t that a beautiful, blessed exchange.  Isn’t God amazing for designing us unique but also in need of each other?

Today, let’s be thankful for our friends and family who enrich our lives and share their strengths with us.  What a blessing it is to discover wisdom from God and others!

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!