Sunday, April 10, 2016

What's Love Got To Do With It?

“Let them give thanks to the LORD for His unfailing love.”  - Psalm 107:8


L O V E!  We use this word, all the time, but do we really understand its meaning?  I love Mexican food.  I love my dog, Henry.  I love hiking in the mountains and running along the beach.  I love my family.  I love it when I get a great parking spot at Costco.  If I look at love from God’s perspective, I must be using the word incorrectly.  What about you?  What do you say you love?

I’ve been thinking lately that I don’t really love anything that I can’t prove my love to.  Therefore, the snagged parking spot is “cool.”  The Mexican food is “delicious.”  Exploring the outdoors is “enjoyable.”  They are all gifts from God but ultimately, I must love the giver not the gifts.

So here are my questions: How can we understand God’s love for us?  How can we love God more and more over time?  How can our loving relationship with God spur us on to love our family and friends, our neighbors near and far even more?

To help me answer these tough questions, I am meditating on these four truths.
God is LOVE. (1 John 4:8) It’s who He is.
God proved His LOVE for us even we were far away from Him.
(Romans 5:8)
God so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only son. (John 3:16)
God’s LOVE never fails. (Psalm 107:8)

Today thank God for His love ask Him to let His love flow in and through you.



The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank you for being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!