Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Pee Wees

3 o'clock wake up callFight the good fight of faith. – 1 Timothy 6:12

My daughter played her soccer game last weekend across the street from the Denver Broncos training facility. When I stepped out of the car, I entered an unknown world of orange and blue and pee wee football.  

I had an hour before the soccer game started, so I decided to take in this new, and very enthusiastic, world around me.  The six to eight year-old boys wore helmets and pads from head to toe because it was tackle football.  At least a hundred fans yelled and whistled from the sidelines.   Each team had six coaches in matching jerseys and the game was being professionally video taped.  I seemed to be the only one thinking, “This is craziness.  The boys can barely stand up with all their pads on.  What do they think, the Broncos are recruiting first graders?”

Have you ever found yourself watching, with amazement, others passionately absorbed in something that is completely foreign to you?  By the same token, have you ever been the one caught up in something, like a sporting event, and forgotten that they’re only children moving a ball around a plot of land?

I’m guilty of getting way too involved in my kids’ soccer games.  At times, I’ve had to be reminded by my husband to calm down and just let them play, without constantly yelling instructions and coaching from the sidelines.

What if, like the parents of these pee wee football players, we became totally absorbed in our faith and looked at each day as a fight?  What do you think God would want our battle plan to be?  How do you think He would want us to train? 

Many days, the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call snaps me out of the mundane and reminds me to live a life of strong, bold, and “on purpose” faith.  Like a referee blowing his whistle to start the game, let’s think of our 3pm alarm sounding to put our faith into action and fight the good fight.  


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!