Friday, September 16, 2016

LOVE! Bible Study - Greatest Love


3 o'clock wake up callThis is how God showed His love among us; He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. – 1 John 4:9

One of my earliest childhood memories is following my grandfather around wherever he went.  I named him Papa.  My dad was serving in the military during the Vietnam War, so my mom and I lived with my grandparents.  I remember Papa lifting me up high in the backyard to pick pears from the fruit trees, playing silly tricks with me, taking me to lots of basketball games in Indiana, and holding my itty bitty hand in His big hand while walking me to Sunday School in a small town country church. 
If you grew up going to Sunday School, one of the first Bible passages you were probably taught was John 3:16, “God so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”  As adults, do we really grasp the depth and breath of what God did for us when He sent Jesus to earth to be our sin offering?
Can your mind fully fathom why Jesus had to endure crucifixion to save the world from death? 
Think for a moment what God did for the world by sacrificing His one and only son. As you contemplate salvation through Jesus, you might find yourself asking a question people throughout history have asked: “Why Did Jesus Have to Die for People to be Saved?”  Here is a simple, step by step explanation.

Why Jesus Died for the Whole World.
·              God gave His people laws to obey.
·              Because we are human, we mess up and disobey God’s laws.
·              Disobedience is sinning against God.
·              Because God is Holy, He cannot be near sin.
·              Our sins separate us from God.
·              Early on, God made a way for His people to wash away their sins through animal sacrifice.
·              The cycle of sin and sacrificing continued for generations.
·              Then God sent Jesus to earth; fully man and fully God.
·              Jesus was the only one who could bridge the gap between us and God.
·              Jesus offered His sinless body as a living sacrifice for all the sins of the world.
·              By Jesus’ blood shed on the cross, our past, present, and future sins were forgiven.
·              Through faith in Jesus, we receive God’s free gift of grace.

Because of God’s great LOVE for us, He made us alive with Jesus.  It is by grace you have been saved. – Ephesians 2:4-5

Isn’t it absolutely incredible that we have to do nothing for our salvation except believe in what Jesus did for us?  The Bible tells us, “God demonstrates His own love for us in this; while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
That is God’s amazing love for you!

Engage With God - Read and Reflect

DAY 2 – Greatest Love

This is how God showed His love among us; He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. – 1 John 4:9


Daily Reminder: 
Thank you Jesus for saving me!  I once was dead in my sins and forever separated from God.  Now through Your blood shed on the cross, I am forgiven forever.  Thank you God for your free gift of grace that saves someone undeserving like me.

Real Life Reflection Questions:
1.         Now that you have thought about God’s saving grace through Jesus, what are you most thankful for?

2.         Have you fully accepted God’s gift of grace and salvation?  If not, what holds you back?  If so, what emotions flood your soul when you think about being saved from death?

3.         Write a short Thank You Note to God.


QUICK PRAYER –
Dear God,
Your gift of grace that saves all people from sin is overwhelming to grasp.  All I can say is Thank You.  Thank you for my life, my breath, my everything.  Only you can save. Remove my doubts and strengthen my faith in You.  Let your love flow freely into my heart.  Fill me with your amazing love! 
Amen

RECORD TODAY’S THOUGHTS – Undeserved Love!










Personal Bible Study- Read, record, and reflect on these scriptures. Let them seep into your soul.

Ephesians 2:3-5 –


1 John 4:7-12 -



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!