Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Everlasting Love


3 o'clock wake up callFor I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus. – Romans 8:38-39

Believing in God’s love is not just a religion, it is a relationship.  Your relationship with God will be the single most influential relationship you have in your entire lifetime.  All of your other relationships will be impacted by your relationship with the Lord.  
Francis Chan, in his book Crazy Love spurs us on to love God powerfully by saying, “The incredible reality of God’s love should cause us to respond with an intense and all consuming love.”
Who do you know that loves God with an intense, all consuming love? 
My friend Alice, is the first person I think of when answering that question.  The first time I visited Alice’s house to work on a writing project, I felt like I’d stepped into a museum of love.  Everywhere I looked, on the fireplace mantel, the dining room hutch, table tops, and walls, were photos of her family smiling and hugging at weddings, births, holidays, and vacations. 
Alice walked me from room to room introducing me to her loved ones: her faithful husband of 35 years, her beautiful son and daughter and their spouses, her precious grandchildren, her many adored siblings, and devoted friends she’d known and loved for years.  The words she chose to describe each person’s unique personality and giftedness were extraordinary. 
I also noticed that Alice had tucked in among the treasured photos wooden plaques with Bible passages, written reminders of God’s love.  I could see how God’s powerful love pulsed through her heart, overflowing out into the lives around her. God’s love had saturated Alice’s life. 
One day, I showed up at Alice’s house and instead of sitting and working at the dining room table, we took a walk around the neighborhood.  Alice used this time to prepare me for what was right around the bend.  She had successfully fought cancer once before, but the tumor was back and her symptoms were concerning.  Instead of sharing her fears, she shared how good and loving God had been every step of her life. She reminded me that nothing could separate us from God’s love, not even death. 
On August 11, 2015 with Alice’s family surrounding her at home, they sang her into heaven as she fell into the loving arms of Jesus.  At her memorial service her family and friends shared one Alice love story after another.  I knew right then that I wanted my life to be filled with love stories too.  Don’t you?

Engage With God - Read and Reflect
DAY 5 – Everlasting Love
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus. – Romans 8:38-39

Daily Reminder: 
Nothing can separate you from God’s love – no person, no power, no deception, not even death can pull you away from God’s intense and all consuming love.  Thank you God!

Real Life Reflection Questions:

1.      Who do you know that loves God intensely and powerfully?



2.     How does knowing that God’s love will never be taken away from you increase your love for Him?



3.     When have you seen God’s love in real and tangible ways in your life?  Jot down memories of God’s love story with you.



QUICK PRAYER –
Lord God,
Thank You for loving me with an everlasting love.  Nothing and no one can separate Your love from me.  As I think about Your love, my heart expands with love for You.  Continue to grow this love.  Remind me of your love and help me walk out my days knowing your love is real and available anytime and anywhere. 
In Jesus’ Name I Pray, Amen


RECORD TODAY’S THOUGHTS – Nothing Can Separate Me from God’s Everlasting Love!









Personal Bible Study- Read, record, and reflect on these scriptures. Let them seep into your soul.

Psalm 23:6 –



Psalm 89:1-2 -




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!