Monday, September 26, 2016

Listening Love


3 o'clock wake up callGive ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing.  Listen to my cry for help, My King and my God, for to you I pray. – Psalm 5:1-2

Did you know that there is no where you can go that God doesn’t see you?  God’s presence follows you wherever you go.  Do you find that comforting?
David wrote in Psalm 139:7-10, “Where can I go from your spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”
If God is always with you, don’t you think he’s listening around the clock?
Over sixteen years ago, I started praying to God everyday at 3pm when my alarm sounded; first on my watch, and now on my cell phone.  My prayers always start the same, “Thank you God…” but after that, they vastly differ depending on what’s happening in my life. 
Here are a few examples of prayers spoken during difficult times:
 “Help!  God I need you now to take over because I’m ready to lose it!”
“God, I don’t see a way through this storm but I know you do so please lead me on.”
“SOS – Save Our Son!”
“God, why did you take her now?  She didn’t want to die yet and I need her here!”
 “Where are you God?  I feel like I’m out here on my own.  Hurry up, I think I’m drowning.”

Here are prayers I’ve spoken during times of peace and happiness:
“God, you are so good.  You orchestrated all of these blessings.  You made a way!”
“Your ways are better than my highest hopes!”
“Your love is amazing!  I see your glory in all that you have made.”

No matter what today brings; sorrow, heartache, happiness, or bliss, God’s love is faithful, His character consistent, and He’s always listening to your prayers.  God hears your sighs and cries, sees your smiles and tears, and wants you to cling to Him during the good times and the bad.  His presence is available all day and night.  Be reminded today by your 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call that God is listening because He loves you.

Engage With God - Read and Reflect
DAY 8 – Listening Love
Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing.  Listen to my cry for help, My King and my God, for to you I pray. – Psalm 5:1-2


Daily Reminder: 
God’s presence is available all day and night.  He is listening to your prayers.  Pour out your heart to Him because He loves you and cares about every single detail in your life.

Real Life Reflection Questions:
1.         How often do you pray to God?

2.         When your 3pm alarm sounds, are you looking up to God, giving Him thanks, and praying to Him?  If so, how is this practice impacting your faith?

3.         What details of your life would you like to see God’s hand at work in?  Pray and ask Him to get involved, help you, open doors, speak to you, and show you the way you should go.


QUICK PRAYER –
Lord God,
Thank you that you hear me when I pray to you.  I give you these things….  Help me to know which way to go.  Lead me into the plans you have for me.  I will listen for your loving voice.
In Jesus’ Name I Pray, Amen

RECORD TODAY’S THOUGHTS – Listening Love!








Personal Bible Study- Read, record, and reflect on these scriptures. Let them seep into your soul.

Psalm 39:12 –



Psalm 142 – (listen to how David cried out to God when he was desperate and overwhelmed)




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!