Friday, August 12, 2016

Why Worry?

3 o'clock wake up callWho of you by worrying and being anxious can add a single hour to your day? – Matthew 6:27 

I’m walking around like a zombie today because I lost three hours of sleep last night.  Why?  Because I was worried.  You name it, I was worrying about it.  Know what I mean?

I worried about my teenager’s turmoils, upcoming deadlines, emails I forgot to send, requests I had to decline, big family decisions, friends’ pain and loss, endless details left undone, big bills, my body, and the dog.  Yes, I even worried about the dog.  

I followed past advice I’ve shared with you before and counted my blessings instead of sheep.  That worked for a bit, until the doorbell rang around 3am. (What a terrible time for that Wake Up Call!) I jumped out of bed and stumbled to the window, fully expecting to see a police car, waiting with news about one of my teenagers dying in a car crash.  With my heart racing and sweat beading on my my forehead, I opened the front door to …. nothing.  It was only a bad dream.  

Where would you place yourself on the Worry-Meter these Days? 


Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:25 “Do not worry about your life…”  Some days, I’d like to say to Him, “Jesus, life is crazy.  Have you seen how fast I’m living it these days?  Please explain to me why, if worry can’t add a single hour to my life, that I seem to gain so many of them at night lying awake and worrying?”

As I’ve studied worry, I’ve discovered these truths from God.  I hope they encourage you as much as they do me.  

  • Worry Hurts –our body, mind, and soul
  • Worry Hinders – zaps our energy and affects tomorrow
  • Prayer Helps – prayer calms worry
  • God Hears – give your worries to God because He cares about everything
  • Trust Happens –choose daily to trust God
  • Reliance Heightens – reliance on God strengthens your relationship with Him 

It’s hard, but in the face of worry, let’s choose to rely on God.  We’ll feel lighter and sleep better!  


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!