Sunday, August 28, 2016

Putting Peace in Place

Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; My perfect peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid.  Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge. 
– John 14:27 (AMP)

I think we all could use a lot more peace in both our hearts and our daily calendars. Do you agree?

My “To Do” is currently more than a page long.  I’m juggling too many tasks to even think straight.  When my husband asked how I was doing this morning, I was immediately overwhelmed by unachievable tasks, stressful upcoming events, and the helplessness of other people’s decisions controlling my future.  

Are you fully at peace today?  Is it flowing like a river over your calendar and throughout your heart?  If so, amazing!  If not, there’s hope.

Since God wants us to ask for what we need.  I asked Him today for more peace by praying; “God let your peace rule and reign in my heart.  Take my anxieties, worries, and fears.  Wash them away and replace them with your perfect peace.”  

Then I thought about the verse in the Bible where Jesus is telling people to pray and ask God (the capitalization is mine).  

ASK and keep on asking and it will be given to you; 
SEEK and keep on seeking and you will find; 
KNOCK and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7

James, Jesus’ half brother bluntly said, “We have not, because we ask not.”  (James 4:2)  As my brain rolled around the concept of ASK, I discovered a simple way to remember how we are to ASK.  Look at this! 

  • A – Ask: Pray and tell God what you need.  Be honest.   He’s listening

  • S – Seek: Search for God’s answers.  Be trusting.  He’s available

  • K – Knock:  Continue to act and believe.  He’s moving

Whether you need more peace, patience, power, or perseverance, ASK God who is gracious and generous to give to His children when they ask Him.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!