Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Daily Dose of Gratitude

I will give thanks to the LORD because of His righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.– Psalm 7:17

I’m studying LOVE these days.  That might sound funny, but as I’m preparing to teach a six-week Bible study on Love starting in September, I’m digging for truths about love in the Bible in hopes of encouraging people to love God powerfully, love themselves purposely, and love others profoundly.  What I’m discovering is that our whole life can and should be lived as one long, continuous love story.  

This morning, I was directed to the book of Hosea.  Hosea was a minor prophet who lived more than seven hundred years before Jesus. His purpose was to remind the people of God’s great love for them.  Hosea tells of a marriage between a faithful husband and a wayward, adulterous wife.  The wife represents God’s people turning their backs on Him and worshipping false gods.  This broke God’s heart, but His love for them remained steadfast. (more on Hosea’s love story in September)

I discovered two truths written in the commentary section of my study Bible that confirm the importance of our 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call each and every day.  I hope they encourage you to continue waking up to God every day.

  • Truth #1Giving thanks to God is a daily practice that is vital to your faith walk.  “Like a loving husband or patient father, God wants people to know Him and turn to Him daily.”  That is what we are doing when we stop at 3pm: looking up, giving God thanks, and choosing to walk by faith.  

  • Truth #2 – Living a life infused with gratitude can change your world.  “Disaster surely follows ingratitude toward God.”  Have you ever thought that gratitude can save you from disasters?  That’s what the 3 O’Clock Wake Up did for me.  I was headed toward disaster as bitterness and anger overran my life.  What about you?  What could a heart full of gratitude save you from?


We all need reminders to stop, look up, give thanks, and live out our faith.  Our simple 3 o’clock alarm interrupts our busy days and gets our hearts and minds back on track, focusing on the most important love in our lives.  Today, let’s all say together – “I will give thanks to the LORD because of His righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.” – Psalm 7:17


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!