Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Happy Birthday!

3 o'clock wake up callThe LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace. 
Numbers 6:24-26 

Forty-seven years ago today, my tiny twenty-two-year-old mom gave birth to a plump baby girl in a hot and humid North Carolina Army hospital.  She can’t believe her first child is closer to fifty than forty.  Her daughter can’t believe she just told you her age.  

Do you look forward to your birthday every year or do you dread it?  Do you hide your age or share it?  Do you act like someone younger?  Do you feel like someone older?  If you could do anything you wanted on your birthday, what would you do and who would you spend it with?

I will spend today with my two best friends.  First, I’ll study, write, and pray with Jesus in the morning.  Then, I’ll spend the rest of the day with my husband hiking, swimming, and hopefully eating lobster.  I say “hopefully” because the city of Boulder has banned the sale of live lobsters in grocery stores.  You can buy marijuana on almost every block, but you can’t get fresh lobsters… 

As I was planning my “special day,” I began to ponder my hopes and dreams for the year ahead.  I read Numbers 2:24-26 as a Birthday Blessing and personalized it for all of us.  Please pray it with me.

Lord God,
Bless me and keep me close to You.
Make your face shine upon me so I can feel your presence powerfully at work in my life.
Be forever gracious to me, especially when I stumble and fall.
Show me the plans you have for me and give me your peace along the way.
Lead me on Lord.  I will follow you.
In Jesus’ Powerful Name I Pray,
Amen

The best birthday gift you can give me today is to share the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call with the people you care about.  Introduce them to this simple pause and watch them wake up to God’s presence, power, and plans for their lives. 

I truly believe that gratitude to God has the power to change the world.  Someday soon, I pray that everyone, in every nation, will wake up to Him at 3pm and unite through thanksgiving!

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!