Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Wisdom From Where?

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt.
– James 1:5-6

Who wants more wisdom when it comes to our relationships, finances, career paths, raising children or grandchildren, or caring for aging family?  I certainly do!  I definitely need God’s wisdom as I write, teach, pay bills, parent, care for, and love my friends and family.  We all need God’s wisdom as we make plans for ourselves and our loved ones.  

In this day and age, we’re trained to “Google” our way to wisdom, instantly getting advice on just about any topic out there. We let search engines lead our decisions and move us to action.  To this, James would shake his head and say “Wake up and put your faith in action by asking God for wisdom when you need it.”

Where do you go when you need wisdom?  Do you call a friend, a spouse, an older relative?  What if you went to God first and asked Him?  The Bible says we are to go to God and ASK for what we need and not doubt.  Those last two words, not doubt, are the hardest for me.  

A father brought his demon possessed son to Jesus, saying “Jesus if you can do anything, take pity on us and help.”  You can sense the father’s inner battle between doubt and belief.  When Jesus responded, “If you can?  Everything is possible for him who believes,” the father responded “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief.” (Mark 9:24).  Doubt was overcome.

That my friends, is our prayer for today.  Let’s put our faith in action, ask for what we need, and let our doubt be overcome by the faith that God will be with us.  

Jesus, 
I know your awesome power is available to move in my life.
I know you can give me the wisdom I need.
I ask you to be my guide.
Speak wisdom into my heart, mind, and soul.
Help me to overcome my unbelief.  
Help me to trust you with every area of my life.
In Your Powerful Name I Pray,
Amen

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!