Friday, July 29, 2016

More Month Than Money

Wisdom builds the house and understanding establishes it. – Psalm 24:3

Have you ever gotten to the end of the month and thought to yourself, “Where in the world did all my money go?”  After saying that yesterday, I did the “wise” thing and sat down to look through our bank account.  After looking over my families’ spending, I about fell off my chair.

I was quickly reminded of a quote I heard awhile back from Rick Warren: 


After some frustrating introspection, I came to several conclusions:
  • Summer is Expensive: school’s out, vacations happen, summer fun and cooling off come with a hefty price tag.
  • Teenagers are breaking my bank: food, travel, camps, clothes, sports… and more food.
  • If you put your head in the sand and let your emotions dictate your spending rather than sticking to a budget, you too will find more month than money. 

I think we need to call a family meeting and put the “Budget Brakes” on!  These teenagers have jobs and have help out more, or I need to get on a plane and really put my head in the sand… maybe Costa Rica or….?  That plan sounds wonderful because if I escape, I will no longer hear, “MOM, we have no food in this house!”  

 Truly though, I know what I really need to do is Wake Up and ask God to give me more self-control, wisdom, and understanding so I can return to the budget that tells my money where to go before my money walks out the door to the mall, or pool, or the Thai restaurant.  

What about you?  How’s your summer spending?  Do you need a Wake Up Call too?  If so, ask God for His wisdom and understanding.  Then, set aside time to track where your money needs to go.  By creating a budget, you are telling your money its place before it puts you in yours… hopefully not on the floor with me.  Let’s be “wise stewards” and thank God for all He has given us then spend smart and be wise.  

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!