Saturday, July 16, 2016

What's On Your "Therefore" List?

Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.  
- James 2:17

I used to think that when James said “faith without deeds is dead,” he must have missed Paul’s letter to the Romans, in which he states that our faith in Jesus alone is what saves us. Now I understand how they can both be correct.  They actually compliment one other.  Our faith in Jesus is enough to save us, but once we’re saved, the Holy Spirit spurs us on to do God’s good works.  
Think of a time when you stopped to help, serve, or even just talk to someone in need because, in that moment, you knew you had to.  

God places people and things in our paths because He uses us to carry out His plans on earth.  Yes, we can ignore God’s nudges or promptings, but as James warns us, that is faith without deeds. 

“Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food.  If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?” (James 2:15-16)

Faith in God changes us on the inside first, then we see changes on the outside. Has this been true for you?
  • I am saved, therefore I give thanks to God.
  • I am loved by God, therefore I love others.
  • I am growing in my faith, therefore I share it with others.
  • I am following Jesus, therefore I walk in His ways.
  • I am trusting God, therefore I go where He leads me.
  • I am adopted into God’s family, therefore I give God praise.
  • I am gifted by God, therefore I share my gifts with others.

The “therefore” list goes on and on.  Others will see your faith in action when you live it out loud, day by day.  Let’s walk and talk and love and serve, not because we have to, but because we get to. What’s your faith statement these days?   I have faith therefore…


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!