Monday, July 4, 2016

Pennies From Heaven

Happy 4th of July America!

In that day they will say, “Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him, and He saved us.  This is the LORD, we trusted in Him; let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.” – Isaiah 25:9

How’s your day going so far?  I’d love to see a snapshot of where you are when you receive this 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call.  I’m guessing many of you are at BBQs with family and friends.  Maybe you’re relaxing by the beach or poolside with a cool drink.  Or maybe you’re cooking and sweating getting ready for company to come over.  

Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing to celebrate the 4th of July, let this quick message be a reminder to pause and thank God for the freedom we enjoy every day in the United States of America.  Let your heart fill with gratitude and trust.  Remember, we trust in God.  Those words are displayed on every one of our US coins.  

You might find this crazy but I place a penny facing up with the words, “In God We Trust” in every room of my house.  If you came over you’d spy a penny on the window ledge in the foyer, one next to the sink in the kitchen, another on the washing machine in the laundry room, one next to my bedside… (My kids do think I’m nuts). I find that I need visual reminders to refocus my heart and mind to trust in God, especially when I’m busy trying to accomplish daily tasks in my own strength.  

A simple penny can capture our attention and speak truth into our day. It sure is an inexpensive way to wake us up to God’s presence in our lives.

Today, wherever this holiday finds you, let’s toast and celebrate the God who is worthy of our trust.  Let’s thank God for His blessings of freedom and salvation.  

Happy 4th of July!


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!