Monday, July 25, 2016

Open The Door

3 o'clock wake up callEnter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. 
– Psalm 100:4

I love to start my days by reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, a daily devotional written as if Jesus is talking directly to me.  Today’s short message begins like this:

“Thankfulness opens the door to My presence.  Though I am always with you, I have gone to great measures to preserve your freedom of choice.  I have placed a door between you and Me, and I have empowered you to open or close that door.  There are many ways to open it, but a grateful attitude is one of the most effective.”  

I read Sarah’s words this morning nodding in agreement with a big smile on my face. She’s right on the money! Thankfulness gets all the credit for the faith growth I’ve experienced.  

When my 3 O’Clock alarm first started going off, the door between God and I had been shut, locked, and adorned with a sign that read “I’ve got this God.  I don’t need your help.”

Like many young adults, I’d walked away from my relationship with God.  My heart ran on self-reliance and independence.  I knew God still existed, but I rarely thought about His presence.

A simple practice of looking around and giving thanks to God when my 3pm alarm sounded somehow flung the door of my heart wide open to His presence.  One day at 3pm I was teaching my young son to ride a two-wheeled bike.  I thanked God for my son’s courage to try this new challenge and his ability to catch on.  In that quick, silent moment of thankfulness, it’s as if God showed up with us in the neighborhood cul-de-sac.  My heart was wide awake to His closeness.

Is the door between you and God wide open?  Do you feel His closeness at 3pm and throughout your busy days?  

God’s presence is always available to us but we must “enter His gates,” or open the door.  There are many ways to experience God’s presence but I know one sure way.  Give God thanks and praise!

I hope you can nod in agreement, smile with me, and recognize that giving God thanks at 3 o’clock has indeed brought his presence into your everyday life.  If you have a story to share, I’d love to hear it.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!