Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Keep Humbly Shooting Arrows

Humble yourself before the Lord, and He will lift you up.  - James 4:10

When was the last time you complimented someone for being humble?  Aren’t we much quicker to applaud the assertive, the confident, and the strong? 

From the sidelines I yell to my daughter, “You’ve got this!” and in the car on the way home I puff her up with things like, “Great job girl!  You dominated out there.”  At home I’ll talk to her about workout plans, healthy eating, and physical fitness.  She’ll pay attention, occasionally nodding in agreement, but the look on her face tells me that the extra training is most likely not going to happen. 

It dawned on me the other night that I have a similar resistance to much of the good advice James gives in the Bible.  Instead of heartily leaning in to James’ “To Do List” for Christian living, I often find myself trying to work around it.  I’ll procrastinate rather than prepare, choose anger over understanding, and exude pride rather than humility.  

What about you?  When you hear good advice are you inclined to put it into practice or to push back against it?  You know you need to ____________, but instead you ______________.  Do these recurring struggles make you feel like you’re constantly missing the “bullseye” that is God’s will for your life? 

Thankfully God is patient, forgiving, and understands that we’ll never completely hit the target.  He just wants us to keep trying.  It’s my sincere hope that you’re using your 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call as a daily reminder to keep shooting the arrows.  Whatever you’re working towards; humility, patience, or even simple peace, ask for it at 3pm.

I’m cheering for you.  You can do it!  You’ve got this!  Go for it!  



The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!