Saturday, July 2, 2016

Vanity Plate

Jesus said, “I will put my trust in Him.”
– Hebrews 2:13

I merged on to the highway and tucked in behind my son’s favorite “fancy” car, a blue Tesla.  It shone bright and beautiful, even viewed through my dirt-covered, bug-squashed, dinged-up windshield.  It was surely garnering the attention of every car in its vicinity.   

As the Tesla sped up and changed lanes, something else caught my eye.  I accelerated to catch up and confirm that what I’d seen was really true. When I (finally) did, I shouted out to myself “Way to go Mrs. Tesla!  Yes!  Me too!”

Its rear license plate read, TRSTNGD. (Trust in God)

If you could write one to two words on a vanity plate, what would you say to the world?  What is the theme of your life, your heart, your mission?

I was thinking mine would say, 3PGVGDTHX. (3pm Give God Thanks).  It’s taken me a long time to figure out God’s plan for my life.  I’ve tried many different things and put on so many different hats in pursuit of, “God’s will for my life.”  Although some of these assignments have been exciting or rewarding, many have left me feeling disappointed and unfulfilled.  

What I’ve learned along the way is that wherever we are, whether we’re living out God’s plans for our lives or way out in left field, we are to always have a trusting heart.  God can use a dead end job to lead you in a different direction.  So trust Him during the next application process.  God can use a relationship ending to move you closer to Him and away from destructive patterns.  So trust Him while you’re alone and reflecting.  Trust Him both when you’re sure of where you’re headed as well as when you’re wondering, “How in the world did I get here?”

When Jesus said aloud, “I will trust God,” He showed us the way God desires for us to live.  Jesus knew going to the cross for the sins of the world would be extremely painful.  The night before He died, He asked God to relieve Him of the coming burden.  In the end, though, He surrendered His life and chose God’s will.  Jesus trusted God fully and so can we.

Ask yourself, what area of my life do I need to be TRSTNGD with? Now ask God to lead you in the direction He has for you.  A challenging but invaluable prayer you can pray is:  Lord God, use my life, lead me on, I will follow you.  If you pray that prayer, buckle up your seatbelt because your wild, adventurous ride with God is about to take off.

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!