Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Plug Yourself In

3 o'clock wake up callJesus was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by God’s power.  Likewise, we are weak in Him, yet by God’s power we will live with Him to serve Him.
– 2 Corinthians 13:4

I could certainly use more of God’s power in my life.  How about you?  I’d like to spend each and every day knowing His power was helping me accomplish the work He specifically designed for me to do.

When many people think of God’s kingdom, they think of heaven.  While this is certainly true, I believe that God intends his kingdom to include the earth we live on now 

In the Lord’s Prayer it says, “Thee kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”  God wanted His kingdom on earth to flourish in Jesus’ time as well as today.  God created each of us with unique gifts and talents so together we can fulfill His plans on earth, “For such a time as this.” (Esther 4:14)  

But how can we tap into God’s power to better understand our purpose on earth now in 2016?  That’s the “million-dollar question” for all of us who desperately what to grab hold of God’s plans and not miss His divine assignment.

I’ve been praying and asking God for more of His power as I strive to better understand the next steps for the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Ministry.  I’ve specifically been asking God to teach me how I can know for sure that I’m heading in the right direction and fulfilling my part in His kingdom.  Here’s an exercise that’s been helpful:  

Use each letter of the word POWER as a reminder of how to better receive it, so we can do our part in His kingdom on earth.  

P – Prayer to God – Give God thanks, praise, and ask Him for direction

O – Obedience – Obey God’s commands and walk in His ways

W – Word – Read God’s Word to know God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit intimately

E – Every day – Decide to follow God day by day and stand firm in your faith

R – Remember at 3pm – Wake Up, Look Up, Give Thanks and Live Out your faith

Romans 8:11 proclaims the truth, the same POWER that rose Jesus from the grave, lives in YOU!  Tap into it day by day and see how God can powerfully use your life for His kingdom!


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!