Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Talk To God Like A Teen With A Cell Phone

3 o'clock wake up callPray continually… for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Have you been around a teenage girl with a cell phone lately?  What is she constantly doing?  If you guessed, “Texting her friends”, great job, you are correct!   My sixteen year old daughter sends and receives more messages in a day than I do in a month.  It’s been noted that teenage girls text 50 times a day.  That works out to 1,500 texts a month, 18,000 texts a year.  That’s a lot of communication from a girl that sometimes only gives us a few grunts a day.

God wants the frequency of communication from us that my daughter gives her friends.  His word tells us to continually pray to Him.  How can we possibly do that and get anything done?  What is God talking about?  

So often my prayers sound like Christmas wish lists (“God, I want…”), or panicked pleas (“Help me, I’ve messed up again”).   It is only when I spend time with God, that I sense his closeness.  I recognize that, I must view our relationship like I do any other close friendship I have.  For my friendship to grow with God, we must spend time together.  We need to talk all the time.

Your conversations can happen throughout the day.  While getting dressed in the morning, you can ask God silently to guide your day.  While brushing your teeth, you can ask Him for good health and protection.  While cleaning, driving, walking, or in the midst of whatever you are doing, you can also be in conversation with God. 

God also wants us to carve out time to be alone with Him.  How silly would your co-workers, friends, or family members think you were if you said, “Goodbye, I’m going on a walk with God?”  Or, “Sorry I can’t have lunch with you on Tuesday, because I already have a date with God?”  I dare you to try it!

God is calling you closer to Him through this 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call.  God wants to be best friends with you.  He wants you to pray and talk to Him constantly.  Talk to God right now and tell Him what you’re thinking and how you’re feeling.  He’s available and waiting for your next message to Him.  


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!