Saturday, June 4, 2016

Nothing Can Separate

Nothing can separate you from the LOVE of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
– Romans 8:39

Do you remember what it felt like when you first fell in love?  Were butterflies fluttering in your stomach before you’d meet up?  Was it hard to fall asleep as you replayed your time together over and over?    

Romance fascinates me.  I’m guilty of staring (just ask my kids) when I see couples walking together, talking, and holding hands.  I am happy for them.  Recently, I watched a young family trying to get ready for a hike with their newborn son.  The two parents juggled the squirming boy back and forth as they tried to figure out the how to fit him into the myriad of straps and buckles on front carrier.  In the midst of the struggle, the young dad put his arms around his family, squeezed them tight, then leaned over and kissed his wife.  I almost jumped up and burst into applause for their overflowing love.    

I’ve not always wanted to clap while witnessing love, however.  Watching love vanish, for example is almost unbearable.  I’ve walked with friends through divorce, death, and enormous disappointment.  My heart can not hold that depth of despair.  But it is in those times, though, when I’m clearly reminded that no one on this planet can love me like God does.  

God is love and His love never changes.  Nothing, nothing can separate us from His all consuming love.  No matter what we do, say, or become, God continues to love us.  God’s loving arms wrap around us even when we don’t deserve deserve it, even when we offend Him or others, even when we make mistakes that will follow us and potentially change our destiny. 

As I’ve watched teenage love fail, marriages end, and health deteriorate, I thank God that His love carries us through all of life’s ups and downs.  

What about you?  Think of a time recently where you’ve seen love expressed publicly.  How did it make you feel?  When was the last time you knew that God’s love was surrounding you?  How could you share God’s love with someone close to you this weekend?  

Thank you God for loving us unconditionally.  You are such a great example of true to us.  Help us love others more abundantly.   

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!