Monday, June 6, 2016

Trading Peace For Chaos

3 o'clock wake up
May the Lord of peace give you peace at all times and in every way. 
2 Thessalonians 3:16

I hope you are enjoying peaceful days so far this summer, that your work schedule has slowed, and you’ve got at least one vacation planned where you can relax by the pool, the lake, or the beach.

Yesterday, I worked for 15 hours straight moving our family out of our mountain house and into a rental house in the Boulder city limits.  Sounds nuts, I know.  This time of year the Colorado mountains are breathtakingly beautiful.  It’s ten degrees cooler up there, and the wildflowers are blooming pink, yellow and blue.  The unusually wet spring has turned the grass a brilliant shade of green rivaling that of Kentucky’s bluegrass.  It smells heavenly when it’s blown by the breeze.   

As I stood on the deck yesterday, mesmerized by the mountains, I felt a deep longing for peace, and quiet, and stillness.  As I packed cars to the roof with bedding, pots, pans, and food from the pantry, I asked God to let me take His peace with me into town.  

I know the rental house is going to be busy and loud with doors swinging open and closed, teenagers coming and going, dishes piling up, wet bathing suits and towels hanging over railings, and cars driving in and out of the tiny driveway.  Can peace be found in that kind of chaos?  

My husband and I are trading our peaceful mountain space for tight quarters with our teens.  Why?  Because we see the years with them flying by.  In fact, our time with the two oldest is almost over.  Love is motivating us to trade peaceful isolation for chaotic proximity.  We pray and believe that the Prince of Peace can show up in our midst, no matter where we are.  

Where do you need more peace in your life?  Ask God to join you during long work days, exhausting tasks, and confusing times.  Turn your focus to the One who gives peace freely and let His peace rule in your heart.    

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!