Saturday, June 11, 2016

Heads, Hearts, and Hands

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – THINK about such things.  – Philippians 4:8

When your 3pm alarm sounded today, what were you thinking about?  Were your thoughts noble, right, pure, and lovely, or were they the opposite?  Be honest!

Would you agree that what we think about over and over again significantly impacts our mood and attitude?  I know for me, that when toxic thoughts circulate in my brain, I start to feel awful inside.  When I focus on giving God thanks and think of His beautiful creations around me or His good gifts to me, I feel so much better.  What about you?

Remember singing “heads, shoulders, knees, and toes” as a child?  As you’d sing the song, you’d tap the corresponding part of your body, usually going faster and faster until you’d collapse into a jumble of laughter (ah, life before video games).

I used to use a similar exercise called “head, heart, hands,” to teach my elementary school students about the connection between thoughts, feelings, and actions. The lesson was that our heads tell our hearts how to feel, then these feelings tell our hands how to act.  

God wrote in Proverbs 23:7, “For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he.”  God cares about our thoughts because He knows they will control how we live our lives.  We must first decide in our heads to be close to Him.  After this, our hearts will love Him, then our feet will follow Him.  

Let the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call from God capture your mind every day and move your thoughts in a positive direction.  Believe with me that our true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, praiseworthy thoughts can catapult our hearts, hands, feet and lives into the wonderful direction God has planned for us.  


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!