Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Be Still? That'd Be Nice

Be still, and know that I am God. 
Psalm 46:10

Do you find it hard to be still?  I do.  As soon as I sit down to “be still”, someone needs something: the dog starts barking, my phone buzzes, and my “To Do List” reels through my mind.  Maybe I have Attention Deficit Disorder.

When everything in my life feels out of control, my response is first to worry, then attempt to control.  Last night, I vacuumed the entire house because that was the only thing I could control at the time.

We’ve had a terrible virus running through our family for days now.  I’ve had to be Nurse Nelly.  Some of you are really good at being a nurse and helping others when they’re sick.  I’m not like you.  I love teaching.  Nursing stresses me out and sucks the life out of me, rather than feeding my soul. 

I listened to Rick Warren’s Daily Hope podcast on Psalm 46:10 while emptying vomit buckets and changing sheets:
“Let go of your concerns!
Then you will know that I am God. 
I rule the nations. 
I rule the earth.”
-Psalm 46:10 GW

Let Go!  Be still, let go, and give your concerns to God!  That’s what we need to do with our worries.  (I love that the Bible uses exclamation points!)  But how?
Try this.  Recently, I asked a Women’s Bible Study group to write down their worries on sticky notes and then anonymously post them on a “Worry Board.” Before posting them, they were to pray and visualize themselves giving what was on their note physically to God, releasing it to Him, letting it go.  We acted out Psalm 46:10.
You can too!  Take a few moments to write down what’s weighing heavily on your heart these days.  Pray for God’s help and guidance.  Then give these worries and concerns over to the One who rules the nations, who rules the whole earth, who rules your life too.


The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!