Thursday, June 23, 2016

That Which Never Changes

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.  
– Hebrews 13:8

Yesterday was one of those no good, very bad days.  Every hour it seemed like I would get more bad news.  I was sitting at a friend’s kitchen table getting hit again when my 3pm alarm sounded.  One disappointment after another washed over me.  I felt completely helpless, like a small kite in a fierce lightning storm.  

Here’s the damage:  I had valuable possessions stolen from my home, discovered someone I trusted betrayed me, feared for the safety of a loved one when his life was threatened, heard that a woman who I deeply respect intentionally lied and stole what didn’t belong to her.  What is this world coming to?

Have you ever felt like you’re caught up in a storm that continues to grow bigger and more out of control?  Have you ever felt crushed by disappointment and despair?  What do you do?  Who or what do you cling to?  How do you find your footing in a rocking boat?

Jesus never said this life would be easy.  In fact, He said, “In this life you will have trouble.” (John 16:33).  Often, our lives get harder the more we follow God’s plans for our lives.  I believe this is a spiritual battle, because we become a greater threat to the enemy who comes into this world to “kill, steal, and destroy.”  (John 10:10).  But don’t get discouraged because Jesus said in the same verse, “Take heart.  I have overcome the world.”  He also said that He came to give us “abundant life”, that’s a life full of God’s goodness and grace where blessings abound and joy is found even in the midst of life’s ups and downs.

That’s great news!  When our lives are spinning out of control, Jesus has an amazing rescue plan.  He will show up during the thunderstorms, comfort us with His presence, give us peace instead of panic, save us through His power, redeem the darkness, and guide us through into the light of day. Believing Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow gives us our sure footing and allows us to thank and praise Him while the storm rages on.  

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!


Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!