Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father Day

3 o'clock wake up callThe Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless.  – Psalm 146:9

Today is supposed to be a day of rest, but instead I will hike, bike, swim, play tennis and grill out.  Why?  Because it’s Father’s Day.  The father of my children gets to plan the day so he will pack it with as many activities as possible.  It’s how he has fun.  

So I write this, knowing I will need a moment to stop and read it on Sunday afternoon. 
Let’s take a moment to pray to our father in heaven, to pray for fathers near and far, and to pray for all the fatherless children in the world.  Please join me.

Heavenly Father, 

Thank you for your incredible love that never ends.
I don’t deserve it.  I didn’t earn it.  But you freely give it.
You are the constant in my busy, ever changing life.
Help me to know you more, love you more, and give you thanks more often.  

I pray for fathers around our nation and the world.  
Help them provide for and protect their families.  
Raise up strong, Godly men who follow You and love You first.

Lord, I pray for all the millions of fatherless children in the U.S. and around the world.  
I know they are precious in your sight.
Be their guide, comforter, and protector of their bodies and souls.  

Thank you for being my loving and compassionate father.
Guide me through the plans you have for my life.
Lead me on.  I will follow you.
In Jesus’ Powerful Name I Pray, 
Amen

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!