Saturday, November 12, 2016

High Tide

3 o'clock wake up callThe LORD gathers the waters of the sea… let all the people of the world stand in awe of Him. – Psalm 33:7-8

Have you ever sat on the beach and watched the tide come in?  Sooner or later you’ll be either moving your seat or getting wet.  It’s a sure thing.  At high tide, the beach shrinks as the ocean tumbles in, wave after wave.  

Have you ever contemplated how the tides ebb and flow?  Or why hotels and homeowners feel confident building just a few feet up from the high water mark?  I have the luxury of thinking about these things from my beach chair in Maui.  

Now… don’t judge me.  Dan and I are celebrating 23 years of marriage.  I think it’s a pretty big deal since I was 23 years old when we got married.  Soon I will have spent as many years with him as I’ve lived without him.  I think that calls for a beach fun celebration!

Most of my days are spent in land locked Colorado, so I seldom think about the ocean.  Here in Hawaii, I am mesmerized by it.  Near the ocean, I feel God’s powerful presence.   I see the magnitude of His power.  He controls the flow of the ocean.  He sets the boundaries of where the ocean ends and the land begins.  

As I ponder how great is our God, I’m reminded of HillSong’s hit worship song, Oceans. I sing the chorus while walking on the beach.  

“Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.  
Let me walk upon the waters 
Wherever you would call me  
Take my deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior.”

What do you need to trust God with these days?  How could your trust in God truly be without borders?  

Where could God be leading you to walk out much further than your feet would ever wander on their own?

How is your faith growing stronger as you step into God’s presence every day at 3pm and give Him thanks?

I wish we could walk together along the beach and share our faith stories.  I’d love to hear how God is comforting, challenging, and changing you.  I’d share how grateful I am that you are a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Call.  At the ocean’s edge, we’d stand in awe of our amazing God.  
    

The Power of Giving God Thanks Will Ignite Your Faith and Change Your World!

Thank You for Being a part of the 3 O’Clock Wake Up Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Have a comment or a story? Share them here. We love to hear from you!